Police search of Whitesides home, garage in Crystal Rogers investigation


Police enter Pulliam Avenue home of Anna Whitesides Thursday afternoon in the execution of a search warrant. Whitesides’ attorney, Jason Floyd, watches at right. Click to enlarge.

Nelson County Gazette / WBRT Radio

Thursday, Aug. 18, 2016, 4:30 p.m. — The Nelson County Sheriff’s Office executed a search warrant Thursday afternoon at the Pulliam Avenue home of Anna Whitesides, grandmother of Brooks Houck, the man police named as the main suspect in the disappearance of Crystal Rogers.


Detective Jon Snow prepares officers prior to the searches of the home of Anna Whitesides. Whitesides’ attorney, Jason Floyd looks on at right. Click to enlarge.


A deputy carries bags that appear to contain evidence from the home to a officers’ vehicle at the home of Anna Whitesides Thursday afternoon. Click to enlarge.


Detective Jon Snow talks with media representatives after officers completed their search of the Whitesides residence.

Deputies and officers from other agencies arrived at the home at 1:20 p.m. Whitesides was not at home and her attorney, Jason Floyd, arrived at the home and provided investigators with keys to the home and the unattached garage. Floyd said Whitesides had suffered an injury and was not at home. Neighbors confirmed Whitesides had not been seen at the home recently.

Deputies — assisted by officers from supporting agencies — searched the Whitesides home and the two car garage, bringing several small bags — presumably possible evidence — out of each building. Officers were on the scene for about 2 hours. Officers would not confirm what sort of evidence was being sought by the warrant.

Nelson County Sheriff’s Office Detective Jon Snow confirmed the search warrant was related to the ongoing investigation in the disappearance of Crystal Rogers.

Thursday’s search warrant was the second search warrant executed in a week at the Whitesides residence. Last Thursday, former Bardstown Police officer Nick Houck, brother of the main suspect in the Rogers disappearance, was served with a search warrant at the Whitesides home. That warrant was later confirmed to have been for DNA.

Snow would not comment on the possibility of additional search warrants in the case.

Crystal Rogers’ family — including her parents — arrived not long after investigators began their search. The family gathered in the Bardstown Cemetery across the street from the Whitesides home while investigators searched the property.

Brooks Houck is believed to be the last person who saw Rogers alive before she disappeared July 3, 2015.


Print Friendly, PDF & Email
Please follow and like us:

Comments are closed

Subscribe to get new posts in your email!