Fire, EMS called after unknown vapors prompt St. Vincent de Paul evacuation
NC GAZETTE / WBRT RADIO
Wednesday, April 19, 2017, 9 p.m. — Bardstown Police, the Bardstown Fire Department and Nelson County EMS were called to the St. Vincent de Paul store, 310 North Second St., Wednesday afternoon at about 1:37 p.m. after an unknown chemical substance was discharged in the store. The vapors made the staff and customers ill. The store was evacuated when firefighters arrived on the scene. Firefighters determined a chemical spray had been discharged in the building. They used their equipment to remove the chemical vapors from the store. The staff and customers refused treatment by EMS.