Dryer vent fire prompts evacuation of Slate Run apartment building


Saturday, Oct. 13, 2018 — The residents of a Slate Run apartment building were forced to evacuate their apartments early Saturday morning after a fire was reported in one of the neighboring apartments.

At 12:09 a.m. Saturday, the Nelson County Fire Department and Nelson County EMS were dispatched to 124 Slate Run for a report of a fire in an apartment. Deputies with the Nelson County Sheriff’s Office were called to help make sure the residents all got out of the building.

Firefighters who arrived at the location found that one of the apartments had signs of smoke and a possible dryer fire. Firefighters check the dryer vent and found a small fire. The fire was extinguished and firefighters checked to be certain the fire had not spread elsewhere in the wall. Firefighters were on the scene until about 1 a.m.

Nelson County firefighters were assisted by the Bardstown Fire Department.


Comments are closed